With the holidays among us and Thanksgiving just around the corner, people are actively engaging in the true spirit of giving. This time of year gives people the opportunity to reflect, and give thanks for the wonderful people in their lives and things they are grateful for. This season do not let your hectic schedule rob you of the opportunity to celebrate the true spirit of Thanksgiving. Here are some quick and easy ways to give back and feel great about helping others!
- Feeding the homeless: Providing selfless service by cooking a meal and then serving it to others is amazing. Not everyone is used to having a hot meal, so lend a helping hand by feeding those in need this holiday season.
- Buy a bag: Grocery stores like Publix and Whole Foods, sell pre-packed Thanksgiving meal bags that are ready for donation to charities like Second Harvest Food Bank. These bags typically cost around $5-$10. The meal bags are cheap to purchase and goes towards such a wonderful cause.
- Donate canned food: Local food pantries need donations of non-perishable items, especially around Thanksgiving time. Take a moment to gather some canned goods from your own pantry or food storage, and donate them to a local non-profit that collects these items.
- Invite a friend: Everyone loves a big Thanksgiving feast with delicious food. If you have a friend or someone you know who plans to spend their holiday alone, invite them over to your Thanksgiving dinner instead. The more the merrier!
- Send a thank you: Share your feelings with the wonderful people in your life and tell them how much you love them! A quick text, thoughtful email or handwritten note are ways to send someone some Thanksgiving love - post a special Thanksgiving status if you’re feeling extra grateful!